Cap Sante Marina at the Port of Anacortes hosts thousands of boaters from out-of-town on an
annual basis, representing an important source of revenue to many local businesses. To better
understand the nature and magnitude of this contribution, the Port contracted with McKinley
Research Group last year to estimate the economic impacts of guest boaters at the marina.
Estimates of spending by guest boaters were based largely on an online survey conducted in
fall 2021. Some highlights from the report:
• Cap Sante Marina hosted 7,388 guest vessels in 2021, representing 23,000 visitors to Anacortes.
• Guest boaters spent an average of $1,437 per party with local businesses, equating to more than $10 million in local spending.
• Guest boater spending in Anacortes created 70 jobs and $3.3 million in labor income, including direct and indirect impacts.
• Approximately 9 out of 10 guest boaters visit downtown Anacortes; more than one-third visit the Farmers Market.
• Guest boaters report high levels of satisfaction with their marina experience; 98% are satisfied with customer service staff.
A fourth generation Skagit County native who was moved kicking and screaming from this island community in 1960. I finally reclaimed an Anacortes address in 1980, and I have been in constant celebration of my return since that time. Many of us who call Anacortes home love Fidalgo Island for its natural assets: among them are rugged beaches, pristine lakes, thousands of acres of forestland and some awesome views of the Skagit Valley and surrounding islands. Another element of my love affair with this community is its people, both natives and immigrants. They will “star” in many of my journal entries.
Photos are available for use as prints and online use. Please contact me for pricing.
$12 for 5 X 7 inch archival print, mailing included.